Monday, September 20, 2010

A Summer Farewell

After I took my oral boards in June I finally had some time to enjoy the summer. In case you were wondering, yes, I PASSED!! Last big test of my life OVER with. So to start the summer off I shared some space at a community garden and grew some vegetables for the first time in my life. I quickly realized how much I have been missing out on all these years. You just can't buy anything at the store even remotely as good as you can grow yourself. I have found a new hobby and loving it. Ben even has carved out an area in our yard for a garden next spring. I'll post some pictures later.

Another new hobby I found this year has been cooking. Of course, what was I going to do with all those fresh home grown vegetables and after the movie Julie and Julia came out I have been in love with french cooking and Julia Child's recipes. I can't say they are the healthiest and most low cal dishes but everything I've made has been scrumpdidiliumptious. Ok, that might not be a real word but describes my enthusiasm. I got some apricots from a neighbor down the street and after making some jam I decided to attempt an apricot tart from the Art of French Cooking. Here is my first attempt at a tart. I never thought I could make a decent crust but somehow it turned out. Yummy!!


Liam also started second grade this year. He got placed in Ms. Moyles class, a very stylish teacher who wears pink crocs and orange pants. She is very fun and energetic and Liam seems to enjoy having her as a teacher. He is gradually becoming more independent and even wants to brave walking home on his own...a whole 2 blocks from the house.


Lastly, Lila has turned into a complete girly girl this last few weeks. I swear I didn't push this on her at all, we hardly have a doll around the house, mostly trucks and legos. All of a sudden she only wants to watch Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and The Little Mermaid. If fact she came sobbing to me after a little boy told her she wasn't a princess. Oh, life is so rough at 2. We also bought her first Barbie, Ariel the Mermaid, with red hair!! She also likes to wear not only 1 but 3 tutu's at a time while she sings and dances around. Here is her latest stylish purchase, slip on brown boots she can wear with all of her dresses.




No comments:

Post a Comment